- Encryption: from 40-bit to 256-bit
- Key Length: 2048 Bits
- Reissues: Unlimited
- Assurance: Low
- Warranty: $10,000
Geotrust RapidSSL Certificates
Does your website need to be secured ASAP? A Geotrust Rapid SSL certificate gets the job done quickly and effectively. Like all SSL encryption, a RapidSSL certificate provides secure communication between your server and your client's computer and verifies the identity of your users. The main difference between Geotrust and some of our other offerings is price: Geotrust is a cheap RapidSSL that gets the job done for less.
Basic Geotrust Rapid SSL Facts
This kind of RapidSSL SSL certificate isn't deluxe, but it doesn't have to be. It offers the essential features that your website needs for speedy security. It isn't as full-featured as a top of the line VeriSign SSL certificate, but it's also a fraction of the price.
• Low Cost. As a chained root certificate, the RapidSSL Geotrust certificate is available at a very low price. Chained root SSL Rapid certificates are secure and inexpensive, a great way to get your website safe for your users without spending a lot. That's why many businesses just getting started or looking to secure secondary pages choose this cheap RapidSSL option.
• Instant Validation. Don't wait to get validated! This type of certificate becomes active in 5-15 minutes after purchase. Geotrust is a fast Rapid SSL CA (certificate authority) that emphasizes getting your validation completed quickly. In addition, you'll be able to use online validation for your RapidSSL - Geotrust doesn't require any paperwork to get you started.
• Up To 256-bit SSL Encryption. When your visitors are using current browsers and operating systems and your server is able to handle the load, this certificate will use strong 256-bit SSL encryption. Lower levels of encryption will be used as necessary to suit each user and adapt to your server. The minimum encryption level is 40-bit.
• Constant SSL Issuance. Visitors to your site will be able to access its SSL capabilities 24/7, 365 days a year. There is no downtime with this RapidSSL CA. Certificate issuance will enable you to serve your clients whenever they want to visit.
• 99% Browser Recognition. Successful SSL requires that every visitor's web browser recognizes the company issuing the certificate. You could be perfectly secure, but if Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Safari don't recognize it, they'll throw up an error that will immediately destroy user trust. This Rapid SSL certificate offers 99% browser recognition, minimizing the number of errors that your users receive and maximizing the amount of trust they have in your certificate .
• Free Site Seal. Your site is secure, so tell the world! Your purchase includes a free "Secured by RapidSSL" CA badge, which can be displayed on your website to further emphasize that it's safe for your visitors.
Why A Rapid SSL Certificate?
A lot of website owners question the necessity of SSL because they don't really understand what it is, how it works, and why so many online shoppers consider it essential. Basically, an SSL certificate means that your server and your visitor's computer can have a private conversation. Most of what's transmitted over the internet is surprisingly open, and a malicious hacker could easily intercept it. For a lot of traffic that's not a problem, but when your customers are providing sensitive information - like credit card data, social security numbers, or their most secure passwords - being intercepted becomes a major problem.
Most people who do a lot of online shopping are absolutely aware of the danger and just won't use any site without SSL. This has made cheap RapidSSL certificates really popular: they're a good option for a site that needs SSL but isn't able to pay for something more expensive just yet. RapidSSL certificates provide dependable security for the businesses that need it most.
Getting SSL On Your Server
Working with a Rapid SSL CA is just the first step. After obtaining a Rapid SSL certificate, you'll need to install it on your server and configure it to use it properly. RapidSSL SSL certificates are known for being easy to install, but you'll still need to make sure that your hosting provider is capable of doing the job. Improper installation makes even the most reliable RapidSSL CA useless because it increases the likelihood of errors, which immediately undermines users' trust in your security.
To WWW Or Not To WWW?
The use of www before a web address is quickly becoming a thing of the past. One place it's still useful is when you're purchasing RapidSSL certificates. Buying for www.website.com will secure both www.website.com and website.com. However, if you buy only for website.com, it won't secure www.website.com. In addition, each Rapid SSL certificate secures only one website, so buy as many as you need to secure your various sites!
Choosing The Right Kind Of SSL Protection
If you run a large ecommerce operation or deal with particularly security-conscious users or sensitive data, a RapidSSL CA might not be the right product for you. CheapSSLs.com provides a wide variety of SSL products, ranging from cheap RapidSSL certificates to more expensive, state of the art options like those from VeriSign. If you're not sure what you need, contact us and ask or use our online SSL comparison wizard to get your answer!
* SSL certificates must be installed on your web server. Therefore, an end-to-end SSL installation support should be performed by your hosting provider. Please contact their support for assistance with CSR generation and SSL installation.
** Selected orders can be flagged for an additional "Brand Validation" procedure by Certificate Authority. This is a necessary security measure. If the order is flagged for "Brand Validation", SSL issuance can be delayed for a time period deemed necessary by the Certificate Authority.